Everyone Loves To Hate A Bad Guy

Of course after my favourite geeks I had to contemplate the movie maniacs, because everyone truly loves to hate the baddie. Again there were too many... I had some obvious ones, The Joker - both original (and by original I mean Cesar Romero) and new, Hannibal Lecter in the new series and Kronk from the Emperor's New Groove - but lets be honest he's probably the least villainous villain ever.

In not particular order, as always, here are my love to hate baddies...

Jack the Monkey - Pirates of the Caribbean - That cute little bugger has such a twisted side to him.

Jaws - James Bond - To me he's a bit of a lovable oaf. You have to admit that you felt kind of sorry for him when he got picked up by the big swinging electromagnet. Bless him, he can't help not having a good dental plan.

Harry & Marv - Home Alone - They're like the Pinky & The Brain of real life villains. Marv with his childlike glee and Harry with his flaming head. You really couldn't ask for two better bad guys.

Garland Greene - Con Air - Creepy is not even the right word here... but there's something not totally evil about him... some evil yes but not totally!

Loki - Thor - Excuse me while I get a bucket for all the drool. Yes that is the only reason he's made it on to the list. That and his reaction in Stark Tower to getting beaten.

Spike - Buffy - How he has managed to survive so long I do not know, he's not exactly the most competent vampire. But he does come through in the end and he's kinda cute to boot.

Wile E. Coyote (Super Genius) - Looney Tunes - Bless him, I don't think he was ever meant to be a bad guy... but at least he's persistent.



Muttley - Wacky Races - You've got to love that laugh and his exasperation with Dick Dastardly.

Vinnie Jones - In pretty much anything - There aren't any words... he's just awesome... well okay so that's one word... awesome.

Khan - Star Trek Into Darkness - I'm not sure about this choice, I'm really not, but it's Mr Cucumber-patch so... he stays.

I did contemplate the T-rex from Jurassic Park but I think he's just misunderstood. Also Oscar the Grouch, he was just grumpy but you would be too if you lived in a bin.

Comments