I'm A Scary Monster... Grrr

Surfing the web (procrastinating as usual) I read this... Neil Gaiman's top ten movie monsters. I don't really think I can make a list of the scariest monsters, I don't really find things like that scary at all, so I've gone with a list of my favourite monsters instead. There are a couple on the list that coincide but beyond those the lists diverge quite quickly.


These dinosaurs were in a film called Carnosaurs 3: Primal Species. They're not particularly scary... mainly hilarious. It's a film that has to be seen to be believed, in a spectacular bit the carnosaurs are roaming around a warehouse being tracked by military personnel... watch carefully. You look at the image above and think "Oh cool, they went with animatronic dinosaurs." Nope, I'm fairly certain they went with actors in dino-suits, and it's most evident in this scene.


Eugine Tooms has always been my favourite X-Files x-file. Human yes, but with these stretchy limbs I'm fairly certain we can count him under the monster category. There's something about his generally creepy nature that makes me want to tape up my windows and doors.


The brains from Fiend Without A Face are... ridiculous. They should surely be easy to eradicate, being as the brain is a delicate organ, but they manage to run riot for quite some time.


Megapiranha. Generally even regular piranhas are quite scary, but any animal that can throw itself from the sea and lodge its whole body into the side of a building... respect... *bump it*.


Roz, the master of disguise. You are what we should all strive to be.


Original Godzilla is cool. Broderick Godzilla is good. New 2014 Godzilla is lame. Son of Godzilla... is freaking awesome and very cute in an "I'm going to stomp on your city" kind of way.


The Blob... gelatinous, but doesn't go well with ice cream.


The ants from Them, we're going to need one big magnifying glass.


So, the next "monster" is Toothless. Possibly the least monstery monster that ever monstered.


Last but not least, the Weeping Angels. These things are probably the scariest on my list. I genuinely skip watching Doctor Who episodes they feature if it's dark... daytime watching and I'm fine but after dark... Nope... give me cute fluffy things.

Sweet dreams. Don't blink and remember to seal up those vents.

Is that a speck of dirt in my eye?

Comments