My Cineworld Unlimited 2018

How to sum up this year's viewing... excessive... although not as excessive as some I've found. What I will say is that I've had a lot of fun.

So how about some numbers?

1884


According to Cineworld I saved £1884 based on average ticket prices. Prices in my local went down to £5 in November so it's more like £1758.70 on the adjusted prices.

200


I saw 200 films with my Unlimited card. I did also go to one NT Live performance which I got a lovely discount on, thanks again, Cineworld.

25


I managed to get to 25 Unlimited Screenings, including the 4 fantastic Secret Screenings.

6


My most watched film, with 6 viewings, was The Meg... of course it was. It was amazing.

29


I scored 29 films with 4.5 or 5 stars during the year. They obviously make up a fair portion of the whole year's films as I watched a few of them more than once... I just did the maths and it's 28.5% of the overall number I watched.

15


I scored 15 films with 1.5 stars or lower. Unlike the stat above I will not be watching any of these more than once.

144


I went to the cinema on 144 days out of 365 in 2018. Most days in a row was 6.

4


Most films in a day

8


Most films in a week

22,204


That's the amount of minutes I spent watching films. (Give or take my terrible calculations.) That's 370 hours and 4 minutes. That's 15 days, 10 hours and 4 minutes. Of course you need to add 5,000 minutes for adverts... 83 hours and 20 minutes... wait... really??! Christ.

0


The amount of lives I found when I searched my possessions.



I've been trying to decide what my 2019 challenge should be. It seems like a fun idea to see a film for every day of the year, but that's 165 more films and I honestly don't think I've got that in me. So I'm going for a Yahtzee sort of thing and going to try for a full set of types of film.

IMAX | Screen X | Play | Opera | Ballet | Concert | Foreign Film

Along with that I'm going for a 10% increase in films for the year. (Baby steps!)

You will of course notice that there's no 4DX on there. I would love to try it but I can't really with my motion sickness issues. Maybe on a good day I'll give it a go but at the moment it's not making the list.

I hope you've all come up with some great challenges for 2019 as well. Happy watching to you all!

Comments