The Emmie Awards 2018 - Outstanding Performance

With so much talent on display during 2018 it was tricky to whittle it down to this rather long short list. But some parts leave you with more of a spark than others and I've collected some of my favourite ones below.


The Nominees


Ant-Man And The Wasp - Michael Peña: Luis is the most delightful character and his insights into everything are just hilarious. I have a deep desire for him to be the solution to Thanos in Endgame.

A Star Is Born - Lady Gaga: I love her singing generally but watching her in this gave me goosebumps. She's an all round talent.

Avengers: Infinity War - Tom Holland: I don't like Spider-Man he doesn't do too bad in IW. That ending... I can't think about it. I'll cry.

Bohemian Rhapsody - the band: The dynamic of them all together is genuinely amazing.

The Children Act - Emma Thompson: She left me rather emotional. Just... yeah.

Fantastic Beast: The Crimes Of Grindelwald - Baby nifflers: Those little buggers were so cute! Why on earth weren't they in the film more?! An entire film of just them would have been a much better use of time.

The Grinch - Max: Such a good doggo and so determined to pull that sleigh!

I, Tonya - Alison Janney & I, Tonya - Margot Robbie: Both of these actresses did a great job of acting the different ages through the film. It was great to see them both doing it.

The Incredibles 2 - Jack-Jack and the raccoon: Best bit of the film. I gave the film top marks, but it benefited from massive nostalgia and me reviewing it fairly quickly. This bit of the movie makes me laugh every time I see it. Basically any bit with Jack-Jack does.

The Meg - Jason Statham's glistening chest: Suyin's reaction when she bursts into his room and notices he's just out of the shower sums it up.

Rampage - George: Lots of emotional range and super funny. Great acting.

Searching - John Cho: One of the few serious entries on this list. Brilliant performance throughout considering the format.

Smallfoot - the little girl yeti with the Princess Leia hair: It may have only been a minor role but her dedication was amazing.

Teen Titans GO! To The Movies - Stan Lee: Probably his best cameo of 2018, potentially ever.


The Winner


It seems cruel of not let one of the serious ones win in this category so I'm going to have to pick one of each.

Serious outstanding performance is going to Bohemian Rhapsody. When they're all together in a scene it is honestly magical to watch. They work so well together that you forget you're watching a bunch of actors and despite the fact so much of the film isn't accurate it is a wonderful movie.

On the comedy side of things it's going to have to be Jack-Jack and the raccoon. I would watch and entire film of Jack-Jack. His reaction to what is happening around him is adorable and his battle with the trash panda is a winner.

I'm sure I have forgotten some amazing moments along the way so please feel free to let me know your favourites below in the comments.

Comments