The Emmie Awards 2018 - Why Would You Do That To Me

I will cry at anything. I wish that was an exaggeration but lots of random things can set me off. Show me a video of a dog being reunited with his owner and I'll be sitting in a puddle of tears.

So many moments brought a tear to my eye but the following ones were particularly memorable.


The Nominees


A Star Is Born - The dog and that ending. Honestly I wasn't doing too badly until that dog.

Avengers: Infinity War - Spidey... I don't even like him, but... *wipes tear from eye*

The Children Act - Pretty much the whole thing. In a screen full of grown adults I would say a good 90% of us were blubbing at one point or another.

Coco - Basically the entire ending.

Mamma Mia 2: Here We Go Again - Meryl Streep's ghost. Come on! Why would you do that?!

Searching - Finding Margot. Apart from that the moment where we see the rescue unfold I was left with an overwhelming paranoia of the internet. It was there before but you really notice it when it's laid out like that.


The Winner


It has to be Coco. I had so many feels after watching it that when I left the cinema I was a little bit broken. As I drove home I was still crying.

The songs were beautiful, and the way that they created the two worlds was stunning. It had everything you love to see in a Disney film, and I'm sure that it has inspired more than a few people to look at their lost loved ones in a different way. If there's one thing that Disney know how to do it's how to make bad things easier to deal with.

Let me know in the comments what moments in 2018 had you blubbing into your popcorn.

Comments