The Front Runner ★★ ½ ☆☆ | Movie Review

Synopsis


Senator Gary Hart's successful run for president is derailed after the press discover he's having an affair.


Review


The Front Runner is a tricky one to sum up. We've got some excellent acting talent giving solid performances but *shrugs shoulders* it's just another average story. Perhaps it holds more weight with an American audience.

Much like Colette this one felt very long, but that feeling hit much earlier into the screening. I wasn't bored, but there was a lot of this film. I'm not even sure that taking anything out would improve my feelings about it.

I could honestly finish my review there, I made no notes at all. There was nothing that made this film stand out above anything else in this genre. It's a well made film about an average story, and that's its problem.

What you should do


It's a good film but it can definitely wait until it's streaming.

Comments