UK Movie Releases - March 2019

Pretty much everyone is talking about Captain Marvel coming out and I can't really blame them as March is looking a little dull. I've got my fingers crossed for a few surprises to pop out of the selection below and make me regret feeling a bit negative about it all. We will just have to wait and see...



1st March 2019


The Aftermath - Starring Alexander Skarsgård, Keira Knightley and Jason Clarke. A British colonel and his wife are stationed in Hamburg after the war, but tensions arise with the previous owner of the house they move into. Trailers have started showing for this one so I'm wondering if there's an Unlimited Screening in my future. I'm hoping that Knightley is on a role with her performances this year after seeing Colette.


Fighting With My Family - Starring Dwayne Johnson, Nick Frost, Lena Headey and Vince Vaughn. Written and directed by Stephen Merchant. A former wrestler performs at small venues across the country with his family while his kids long to join WWE. There is so much "whaaaat?!" about all those things I've just said. I'm definitely intrigued. [Trailer]

The Hole In The Ground - Sarah is trying to build her new life with her son when a terrifying encounter sends her spiraling and trying to figure out if the disturbing changes in him are connected to a mysterious sinkhole near her home. [Trailer]

Serenity - Starring Matthew McConaughey and Anne Hathaway. The mysterious past of a fishing boat captain comes back to haunt him, when his ex-wife tracks him down with a desperate plea for help, ensnaring his life in a new reality that may not be all that it seems. I tried to sum this one up a little more susinctly but... well... I honestly didn't know how to. [Trailer]

What They Had - Starring Hilary Swank and Michael Shannon. Bridget returns home at her brother's urging to deal with her ailing mother and her father's reluctance to let go of their life together. There are some great supporting names on this one too, might make for an interesting film. [Trailer]

8th March 2019


★ Captain Marvel - Starring Brie Larson, Samuel L. Jackson, Gemma Chan and Jude Law. Carol Danvers, Captain Marvel, must protect the earth when it gets caught in the middle of an galactic war. It's Marvel, I'm going to watch it, but I can't say I'm overly excited for it. I'm basically just going to see Nick Fury playing with the "cat". [Trailer]

Everybody Knows - Starring Penélope Cruz and Javier Bardem. Laura returns to her hometown for her sisters wedding. Unexpected events bring secrets out into the open. This is probably unlikly to hit many cinemas but with Cruz and Bardem involved I imagine it will be quite good. [Trailer]

The Kindergarten Teacher - Starring Maggie Gyllenhaal. A kindergarten teacher believes one of her pupils is a child prodigy. I thought this was going to be something twee but the trailer was rather unexpected. This one is out on Netflix rather than in cinemas so it might be worth looking out for. [Trailer]

15th March 2019


Miss Bala - Starring Gina Rodriguez and Anthony Mackie. Gloria is drawn into a world of cross-border crime that will require all her cunning and inventiveness. Based on a Spanish language film, it looks like it's got some good action in the mix. [Trailer]

22nd March 2019


Greyhound - Starring Tom Hanks and Elisabeth Shue. A navy officer commands the Greyhound during World War II. [I can't find a trailer of this anywhere so it will have to stay a bit of a mystery.]

The Informer - Starring Joel Kinnaman, Rosamund Pike, Clive Owen and Common. An ex-con intentionally gets himself thrown in jail so he can infiltrate the mob in a maximum security prison. The trailer pretty much looks like what you'd expect so I'm hoping for an average kind of action film. [Trailer]

Under The Silver Lake - Starring Andrew Garfield. Sam finds a mysterious woman swimming in his apartment's pool, but by morning she's missing. Sam sets off across LA to try and find her and comes across something even more bizarre. Another intriguing one, and from the look of the trailer a little bizarre.


Us - Starring Anna Diop, Elisabeth Moss, Lupita Nyong'o and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II. A mother and father take their kids to their beach house, their peaceful trip turns to chaos when some unexpected guests arrive. The still on this trailer screams creepy to me and I'm going to say right now that it's a hard no from me. [Trailer]

★ What Men Want - Starring Taraji P. Henson, Wendi McLendon-Covey and Aldis Hodge. (Aaaaaahhhhh! Hardison!!) A woman gains an edge over the male sports agents around her when she is suddenly able to hear their thoughts. This is going to be fun, I love Henson doing comedy.


29th March 2019


At Eternity's Gate - Starring Willem Dafoe, Rupert Friend and Oscar Isaac. A look at the life of Vincent Van Gogh. Not sure how I feel about Dafoe in this role, I may have to line up Vincent And The Doctor to watch afterwards. [Trailer]

Dumbo - We all know the story here, live action version of the Disney classic. This is another one that's leaving me cold. I'll still watch it because... well I'm obsessed with going to the cinema, but I'm not overly bothered about it's outcome. [Trailer]



Happy watching!

Comments