UK New Releases - November 2019

There are 25 releases coming this month covering almost every genre, and 8 of those look like they're going to be something really special to see. Check them out below, click the titles for trailers and my reviews from this year's London Film Festival.

Which of November's releases are you looking forward to the most?



1st November 2019


After The Wedding - Starring Michelle Williams, Julianne Moore and Billy Crudup. A manager of an orphanage in Kolkata travels to New York to meet a benefactor.

This description does nothing to get across the story that you see in the trailer, I'm looking forward to seeing this and I've already got my ticket booked.

Brittany Runs A Marathon - Starring Jillian Bell. A young woman decides to make positive changes in her life by training for the New York City Marathon.

I find Jillian Bell to be very amusing but she does always seem to get roles that get very close to being annoying, the trailer for this looks quite nice though and I'm really pleased she's got this sort of role. This is getting a small cinema release and seemingly only at Showcase which has previously meant it's coming to Sky Movies at the same time, but don't hold me to that.

Sorry We Missed You - Starring Kris Hitchen and Debbie Honeywood. A hard-up delivery driver and his wife struggle to get by in modern-day England.

The trailer for this looks a little on the dry side but some of the films like this have surprised me, I've got this lined up for the weekend too.

★ The King - Starring Timothée Chalamet, Joel Edgerton and Robert Pattinson. Hal, wayward prince and heir to the English throne, is crowned King Henry V after his tyrannical father dies. Now the young king must navigate palace politics, the war his father left behind, and the emotional strings of his past life.


You can read my review for The King by clicking on the title above. You'll be able to see this one on Netflix and that's both good and bad. I'm hoping it'll mean that this gets a lot of people watching it, but I really wish you could get to see it on the big screen with the booming audio, that's what this film deserves.

4th November 2019


The Aeronauts - Starring Felicity Jones and Eddie Redmayne. Pilot Amelia Wren and scientist James Glaisher find themselves in an epic fight for survival while attempting to make discoveries in a hot air balloon.


If you click on the movie title above you'll get to my review from LFF for The Aeronauts... I loved this film, it was gripping and beautifully made, it even made me not dislike Eddie Redmayne so it has to be good. For the best viewing you absolutely need to see this on an IMAX screen, so do pay the extra for a ticket if you can.

8th November 2019


Arctic Dogs - Starring Jeremy Renner and a whole host of big names. Swifty the Arctic Fox works in the mailroom of the Arctic Blast Delivery Service, but he has much bigger dreams. He yearns to become a Top Dog, the Arctic's star husky couriers.

This either looks really good or really bad... I'm unsure which.

Driven - Starring Jason Sudeikis, Lee Pace and Judy Greer. Intense thriller where politics, big business and narcotics collide.

You know I said Arctic Dogs potentially looked good? This looks bad from the trailer, it really doesn't sell it at all.

★ The Good Liar - Starring Helen Mirren and Ian McKellen. Career con artist Roy Courtnay can hardly believe his luck when he meets well-to-do widow Betty McLeish online. As Betty opens her home and life to him, Roy is surprised to find himself caring about her, turning what should be a cut-and-dry swindle into the most treacherous tightrope walk of his life.


Helen Mirren and Ian McKellen in a movie together? Pump this one straight into my brain!

The Irishman - Starring Robert De Niro, Al Pacino and Joe Pesci. A mob hitman recalls his possible involvement with the slaying of Jimmy Hoffa.

This looks good and there was certainly a lot of great feedback after LFF but my brain just keeps looking and the 3.5 hour runtime and has a bit of a snooze. That being said, it's coming to Netflix so you'll be able to take all the breaks you need without missing anything.

Luce - Starring Naomi Watts, Octavia Spencer, Tim Roth and Kelvin Harrison Jr. A married couple is forced to reckon with their idealized image of their son, adopted from war-torn Eritrea, after an alarming discovery by a devoted high school teacher threatens his status as an all-star student. [TRAILER]

Click on the movie title to read my review of Luce. Just having Octavia Spencer's name on it pulled me to this one, and she great in this along with Kelvin Harrison Jr. It's an interesting storyline and I'm hoping it gets some good coverage.

★ Midway - Starring Woody Harrelson, Ed Skrein, Patrick Wilson and many more. The story of the Battle of Midway, told by the leaders and the sailors who fought it.


On the big screen the trailer looks amazing and very atmospheric, I'm looking forward to see all of these actors together.

15th November 2019


★ Last Christmas - Starring Emilia Clarke, Henry Golding, Emma Thompson and Michelle Yeoh. Kate is a young woman subscribed to bad decisions. Her last date with disaster? That of having accepted to work as Santa's elf for a department store. However, she meets Tom there. Her life takes a new turn. For Kate, it seems too good to be true.


I am going to sing and cry... it won't be a pretty sight any of the times I go to see this... which will be many.

★ Le Mans '66 (Ford v Ferrari) - Starring Christian Bale and Matt Damon. American car designer Carroll Shelby and driver Ken Miles battle corporate interference, the laws of physics and their own personal demons to build a revolutionary race car for Ford and challenge Ferrari at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1966.


Click the movie title for my review of this one. This is another great film this month, and a film that made me like Matt Damon... November is a great month for this sort of thing.

Little Monsters - Starring Lupita Nyong'o and Josh Gad. A washed-up musician teams up with a teacher and a kids show personality to protect young children from a sudden outbreak of zombies.

This trailer has everything I love in a movie but I sadly didn't get to see it when I was in London, I'm looking forward to seeing even though I didn't get great feedback about it.

The Report - Starring Adam Driver, Annette Bening and Jon Hamm. Idealistic Senate staffer Daniel J. Jones, tasked by his boss to lead an investigation into the CIA's post 9/11 Detention and Interrogation Program, uncovers shocking secrets.

There's a solid bunch of actors in this and it's been on my to watch list since I saw the first trailer. I'm hoping for something a little more gripping that Official Secrets was.

22nd November 2019


21 Bridges - Starring Chadwick Boseman. An embattled NYPD detective is thrust into a citywide manhunt for a pair of cop killers after uncovering a massive and unexpected conspiracy.

This is another one with some great trailer action, fingers crossed the whole films manages to deliver on that.

Blue Story - Hard-hitting crime drama about two friends who become rivals in a vicious London gangland war.

From what I've read about this film is should be interesting, but I was shocked to see the state of the trailer. I've got my concerns but hopefully it'll be redeemed.

Frozen II - Starring that lot again. Disney things.

I wasn't overly bothered about this after the first trailer but the latest one definitely had a lot more appeal. I'm going to watch it... because of course I am.

★ Harriet - Starring Cynthia Erivo and Leslie Odom Jr. The extraordinary tale of Harriet Tubman's escape from slavery and transformation into one of America's greatest heroes, whose courage, ingenuity, and tenacity freed hundreds of slaves and changed the course of history.


Erivo's performance looks incredible, and that's just from a couple of minutes of trailer. This one is a must see for me.

Judy & Punch - Starring Mia Wasikowska and Damon Herriman. Seaside (nowhere near the sea), puppeteers Judy and Punch are trying to resurrect their marionette show in an anarchic town on the brink of mob rule. [TRAILER]

This is an odd one, click above to read my review, it's got some very interesting moments and is probably worth seeing just to say you have.

Ophelia - Starring Daisy Ridley, Naomi Watts and Clive Owen. A re-imagining of Hamlet, told from Ophelia's perspective.

I'm hoping for an interesting take on this, fingers crossed!

Them That Follow - Starring Kaitlyn Dever, Walton Goggins and Olivia Colman. Set deep in the wilds of Appalachia, where believers handle death-dealing snakes to prove themselves before God, a pastor's daughter holds a secret that threatens to tear her community apart.

I wasn't sure about this one until I saw Olivia Coleman in the trailer, interested to see this one now.


27th November 2019


★ Knives Out - Starring most of Hollywood. A detective investigates the death of a patriarch of an eccentric, combative family.


I've got a review of this coming soon and I'm leaving it with its must see star because I'm honestly still a little conflicted about this. I was really excited to see it and I felt rather let down by what I saw so I'm hoping a second viewing will give me some clarity.


29th November 2019


Charlie's Angels - Starring Elizabeth Banks, Naomi Scott, Kristen Stewart and Ella Balinska. When a young systems engineer blows the whistle on a dangerous technology, Charlie's Angels are called into action, putting their lives on the line to protect us all.

This looks cheesy, and in all honesty if it isn't cheesy is it even a Charlie's Angels remake?

Jay and Silent Bob Reboot - Starring Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes. Jay and Silent Bob return to Hollywood to stop a reboot of 'Bluntman and Chronic' movie from getting made.

I'm honestly not that bother about Jay and Silent Bob... there, I said it... but this trailer does look amusing.



Happy watching!

Comments