Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween ★★★ ½ ☆ | Movie Review

Synopsis


Sonny and Sam, the entreprenuers behind Junk Bros., are asked to clear out an old abandoned house. Their payment is keeping whatever they don't throw away. When a secret compartment in the fireplace reveals a wooden chest with a single looked book in it they don't realise how unusual, and terrifying, their reward will turn out to be.


Review


There's a fun bunch of actors in the cast of this one. I was a little disappointed that Jack Black wasn't doing the whole film, but his little piece in it is entertaining. There's also a fun little cameo by R.L. Stine in there too. It was a little off putting seeing Chris Parnell, it hurt my brain a bit. Walter was a great character but all I could hear were Jerry and Cyril Figgis.

I always feel like I'm getting old when I watch a kids film and think, "that's quite scary for little 'uns". But there are a few good moment that give you a little jump.It's exactly what you'd expect from the film, fun spooky stuff. Nothing more, nothing less.

My favourite part of the whole movie is the last red gummy bear... keep and eye out for it.

Sorry this is such a short review, but honestly there isn't much to say about it. That's not a bad thing. The acting was good for this sort of film, it's a fun story line, the effects are quite good (thankfully no baby Jack Black like his last film) and you come away feeling like you've been entertained.

What you should do


A good halloween movie to see as a family, it's worth seeing but you could probably wait until it's out for home viewing.

Movie thing you wish you could take home


I'd say a talking gummy bear, but they're a little homicidal, and if they weren't I'd probably be in danger of eating the squishy little thing anyway. If it were possibly to get something from the film that wasn't actively trying to kill me then I'd probably books that bring things to life.

Comments