Llamageddon ★★★★☆ | Movie Review

Synopsis


A killer llama from outer space crash lands on Earth and brings death and destruction to everyone in its path.

Directed by Howie Dewin.
Starring Louie the Llama... there were humans in it too but Louie is the star.
Released currently on Prime to stream.


Review


I am here for llama based horror/sci-fi films, I never thought I'd say that but here we are. My only quibble with this film is that there was too much human, not enough llama.

There are so many bad and awkward things about this film when you watch it, but Louie makes up for every single one of them... the extreme close-ups, the horrendous acknowledgement of puns, the dubious montages accompanied by loud music, Floyd's transformation.

But here are all the good things. Louie's laser eyes, his green spit that transforms humans, Louie's understanding of electricity and opening doors, the use of tin foil, the 70s/80s effects, the animation (it's just a shame it's included in the film and not just the titles), eggs, the over-enthusiastic practical effects person with the super soaker of goop, Louie's boxing ability, his always cool attitude, and a father's wisdom. Oh, and the end credit song.

It would be wrong of me to say that everyone got what they deserved... but...

You know what? That's my review. Quite frankly this is the worst and best film I've ever seen and I would watch it again.

What you should do


If you didn't want to watch it after I told you about llamas with laser eyes then I just can't help you. It's just over an hour of your life... watch it.

Movie thing you wish you could take home


The result of the eggs. (The results during the film, not at the end of the credits.)

Comments