Movies Of 2019 - January Recapped!


And so we begin again! A brand new year of movies and a new challenge!

I've already knocked one thing off the list but as you'll see from the review it wasn't exactly a stunning effort, I'll be taking a trip to see a "proper" ballet so it feels like I've definitely ticked it off. Cineworld are also doing #100FilmsIn2019... excuse me while I laugh in your face a bit there! At this rate I'll be done with that by sometime in May. (And yes I know I'm treating this like it's an achievement and not a massive procrastination over housework.) We were also treated to eight Unlimited Screenings this month... 8!! We're being spoilt very early this year by Cineworld.

Click on the titles below if you missed any of my reviews.



Welcome To Marwen ★★★★★ [01/01]
The Favourite ★★☆☆☆ [01/01]
Life Itself + Q&A ★★★☆☆ [02/01]
Colette - Unlimited Screening ★★★ ½ ☆ [03/01]
The Front Runner - Unlimited Screening ★★ ½ ☆☆ [07/01]
The Upside ★★★★☆ [11/01]
Bohemian Rhapsody Sing-Along ★★★★★ [11/01]
Aquaman ★★★★ ½ [12/01]
Vice - Unlimited Screening ★★★☆☆ [16/01]
Glass - Unlimited Screening [17/01] < I honestly don't know why I haven't done this review yet, I will get to it, I promise.
Mary Queen Of Scots ★★★☆☆ [18/01]
Glass [19/01]
Can You Ever Forgive Me? - Unlimited Screening ★★★ ½ ☆ [20/01]
Instant Family - Unlimited Screening ★★★★★ [23/01]
Second Act ★★★★ ½ [25/01]
Escape Room - Unlimited Screening ★★★ ½ ☆ [25/01]
Tortoise & The Hare - Ballet ★☆☆☆☆ [26/01]
A Dog's Way Home ★★★☆☆ [26/01]
The Mule ★★☆☆☆ [26/01]
Beautiful Boy ★★☆☆☆ [26/01]
Destroyer ★★ ½ ☆☆ [27/01]
Schindler's List ★★★☆☆ [27/01]
If Beale Street Could Talk - Unlimited Screening ★★☆☆☆ [28/01]



Star Pick: Instant Family!

Instant Family was such a delight to watch, funny and heartfelt. It was a breath of fresh air during what was a very dry awards filled month. Definitely worth catching when it comes out on February 14th.

...

Happy watching!

Views in 2019: 20/23

2D | 3D | IMAX | Superscreen | Screen X

Foreign Film | Play | Opera | Ballet | Concert

Comments